1. How many pictures do you take?
- I take tons of pictures. As many as I can. My theory is you get one great one out of about 20. I shoot on average ~100 pictures for 1 hour for adults and ~200 pictures for 1 hour with kids.
2. Can we take the pictures and make copies?
- You can make all the copies you want once you buy the DVD.
3. What should I bring?
- Go to Pintrest or other websites before the session. Find a few pictures that you like and print them out and bring them to the session. If you have any planned pictures that you want to take (such as photos with props) just let me know in advance.
Look at my pintrest page for kids, families, couples, weddings, maternity, portraits, and newborns. If there are any shots that you want to add to this, just let me know. Also, please email me beforehand and let me know if you see any “must haves.” Remember to print them out and bring them to the session. (Please Note: Not all of the pictures that I have pinned have been photographed by Capture Photography. Therefore, I may or may not have the prop that you see in the picture. If you see a picture you love that has a prop, please just let me know several weeks in advance.)
- For kids, I’ll need you to help me make them laugh. So if there are any videos, songs, toys, etc that you know helps, bring those.
- If you have any props that are “them” or “y’all” bring those. Like a favorite toy or book. Favorite sport that the family plays, etc.
4. Where do you think we should take pictures?
- It’s really up to you since I currently don’t have a studio. Think about what type of “theme” you prefer. What kind of pictures on Pinterest do you like?
- Note: Capture Photography will not trespass on private property. Shoot location must be on Public Property or Client must have permission to be on Private Property. It is the responsibility of the Client to make any appointments or necessary arrangements for a Location.
Clemson Botanical Gardens
5. What other services do you provide?
- My goal is not only to Capture your special moment through photography, but also be able to assist you though multiple graphic needs. Whether it’s Christmas cards, engagement announcements, business promotionals or birth annoucements, I can help.
6. Do I need to fill out any paperwork?
- Yes, once you book your Capture session, I will need your email address to send you a contract. You will need to fill that paperwork out via web and submit it back to me.
7. How long does it take before we get the edited pictures back?
- For traditional sessions, It usually takes me about 2 weeks to edit everything. I will send you a link to view your online gallery. After you get that link, it will take another 1-2 weeks to receive the DVD. If you have a special occasion that you need the pictures or DVD faster, just let me know and I’ll see what I can do.
8. What should I wear?
- I highly recommend not wearing black or white.
- Scarves and other accessories are a great way to mix up your outfit.
Here are a few good blogs that have suggestions on what to wear:
9. What form of payment do you take?
- Cash is the preferred method, but I also except Paypal, Visa, MasterCard or Discover.
10. What time should I book my session?
- All photographers love the Golden Hour. The Golden Hour happens twice a day: in the morning, within the first hour of the sun rising, and in the evening: the hour before the sun sets. It produces the best lighting for awesome pictures. You can easily find your local sunrise and sunset times with this website. Once you have calculated what time the sun will rise/set, know that the hour before the sun sets, and the hour after the sun rises, will be your key time.
11. Do you charge for travel?
- There will be an extra travel fee for any location over 30 miles away from my home office. The travel fee is $0.50 per mile. Email me for my address so that you can figure out if any extra charges will be applied.
12. Do you have any props?
- Yes! They are listed below. Just let me know prior to the photo shoot if you would like to use any of them.